Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Warriors of Chaos - First Pics

 Via Dice and Brush, we have some pictures of the new warriors of chaos releases:






The skullcrushers and hellstriders look pretty much how I thought they would. It's nice to see some of the special characters finally getting a model, Festus looks interesting from what I can make out. Scyla, when I saw the model list earlier, I thought would be a finecast re-issue of the existing model, but no, he gets a new rather enormous incarnation. Also, he looks like he's just about to lose his footing in a most embarrassing manner. "Blood for the blood GoaaAAaargh! My back!"

The warshrine is what gets me excited though. Looks rather good, though it's a little too ostentatious I think. I imagine there's a fair amount of bits in there, and as I'm building a fimir army using the warriors of chaos list, I think a good amount of conversion potential. Those mutated bearer guys could make fine warp-spasming fianna fimm with a little convincing. Certainly a kit I'm considering picking up.

My plan for some marlwyrm riders to use as skullcrushers looks like it'll be happening. Six, I think. They are rare though, so will be competing with warshrines and hellcannon. Here's some rules.

Rare Choice:

Skullcrushers

Jugger Rider 60pts per model
unit size 3+
can take lances and a standart up to 50 pts
same weapon rules as knights
WS5 S4 T4 W2 I5 A2 LD8

Juggernaught
WS5 S5 T5 W1 I2 A2 Ld7
Fear
Will of Chaos
monstrous Cav
Magic Res 1
Mark of Khorne


Special Choice:


Hellstriders
Slaanesh Rider 19pts
WS4 S3 T3 W1 I5 A1 Ld7
Shields and Spears
light Cav
can get always strikes first for the first round of combat for 1pts
Mark of Slaanesh
Fear and Will of Chaos
poison (mount)

Soulhunter:
Unit destroyed
1+ devastating charge
2+ stubborn
3+ 4+ Ward

2 comments:

  1. "Blood for the blood GoaaAAaargh! My back!" - this made me laugh. :)

    I don't like the warshrine as a whole, but parts of it may be useful. Don't mind the other stuff, and the brutality of the Skullcrushers sounds promising. I think they'll make a good addition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I may now have a way of using that Khorne marked jugger character now.

    I like the hellstriders.

    There appears to be some very useful looking bits on the warshrine even though I do not like the looks of the thing over all. Its probably the most disappointing model of the group.

    ReplyDelete

Wayland Games

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...