Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Fimir - Marlwyrm Riders, Update 4


The first marlwyrm rider is finished! It's great to get the first of the bigger models for the army finished, up until now it's all been infantry, with the exception of the meargh. Now that the two main blocks are done it'll be nice to work on the larger and more unusual models for the army. I do plan on adding another block later on, the warped, but that's down the road.

The wyrm is 99% done, but I still have to add some drool to the tongue and mouth. The glue I use had dried out, so I have to wait for some more to arrive. Apart from that, it's done. It turned out pretty much as I wanted, neutral earthy tones to fit with the rest of the army with a few points of interest. I like how the green boils turned out, I was going to do them very dark green, but after some advice I changed to bright greeny yellow. The wyrm's mouth and the fimm rider's shield and cape also help jazz up the model. Hopefully the end result is hideous enough to distract my opponent some.

One down, three to go!

4 comments:

  1. Looks excellent, this army will be pleasure to fight with:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's perfectly hideous. Those boils look ready to pop and ooze green globs of puss. And if that doesn't distract your opponent, that mouth should.

    Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks folks, he was very enjoyable to paint. Which was just as well, as I've three more to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great mini you've created! /Hans

    ReplyDelete

Wayland Games

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...