Friday, November 15, 2013

Genestealer Cult - Digital Codex?

"What's that? A real codex you say?!"
For those of you out there who are fellow devotees of the Cult, you've probably fantasized about Games Workshop releasing an official list. It seems the digital codex might not be a pipe dream after all. I'm sure there are many gamers out there on their knees praying that this rumour is true, myself amongst them. The mere thought of an  official genestealer cult codex is enough to send me into rapture. I haven't played 40k in an aeon, but if this were to come to pass I'd be reading the latest 40k rules the next day.

I hear on the gaming grapevine that this is indeed the case, and it comes from pretty close to the source. Now, as with all rumour, this is just that. But it's very, very promising.

I guess the cost of hybrids on ebay will soar to even higher levels. I doubt GW would bring out any new kits, but can you imagine a hybrid kit? Oh lordy.

5 comments:

  1. This could definitely be very good news but somehow I can't picture a codex not supported or even not supported by models. GW has to sell models so anything done for hybrids should hint to at least a kit the way I see it.
    If it were only meant to please oldtimers as ourselves, then it would be a big change of mindset from GW and a greatly acclaimed one.
    Time will tell... (fingers crossed though)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have agreed with you wholeheartedly until the sisters of battle digital codex was released. Not one new model released for that one. GW could bank on selling a lot of tyranid and Imperial guard sets to those making a cult force.

      Delete
    2. Well, the SoBs never stopped to be available did they?

      On another hand, what you say about tyranid and imperial guard makes sense and I actually didn't see think about it. I think you are right.

      Delete
    3. I guess we'll see. As you say, fingers crossed!

      Delete
  2. I pray to the six-limbed sky lord that this is the case!!

    ReplyDelete

Wayland Games

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...